Sunday, November 14, 2010

the tube


Disgusting.
Crowded.
Smelly.
Cramped.
Hot.
Dirty.
Necessary.
Efficient.
Fast.
Easy.

All words I've thought of while riding the tube. While mostly reliable (other than when the strike or maintenance happens) and highly necessary, I do not enjoy journeys on the tube. I have not mustered up the courage to venture out into the city via tube by myself, with Maya. Even with all of us, people usually help Brett carry the stroller up/down stairs, which has been convincing evidence and increased my motivation to try it solo.

What Brett thinks,

Claustrophobia .
Rush hour.
Mind the gap.
Delay due to person under train.
Oyster card.
Northern Line.
Study time.

And here is what Maya thinks of the tube,

Exciting.
Loud.
Lots of people to make friends with.
Bright colors.


Her reaction in this video is very subdued from being worn out and just plain exhausted!


Playing with Dad and the Christmas lights in Covent Garden

Fun in the tub with ducky

Me, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament

2 comments:

Brett said...

Well I can say that Maya's hair is definitely growing... I'm not quite sure about the rest of that little body.
More videos, please!

Jake and Laura said...

I wish I could come visit you guys! Just know that I'm always thinking about you! I miss you a lot! I talked to you your mom the other day for half an hour and she said you guys are having a blast, that was so good to hear. If I don't talk to you before Christmas, have a wonderful day with little Maya! LOVE YOU!