Thursday, April 16, 2009

Roma


We're in the middle of packing everything up to leave tomorrow morning. We are excited to get home and see our family. We made it to Rome last week and had a fantastic time. We had some trouble getting there, but that is a long story. It was sunny and warm the whole time, I even got a sunburn! Anyways, here are some pictures. Rome is a beautiful city with so much history. We saw the Sistine Chapel, the Vatican, Palatine Hill, Roman Forum, Colosseum and SO much more. It was amazing (not to mention the gelato we had about 8 times).

Us in the Colosseum


If you look closely, you can see the Spanish Steps behind me.

The Roman Forum, my favorite!

We ate dinner at the Pantheon, it was so fun....live music and everything!


Easter morning, we went bike riding along Appian Way out in the country. It was beautiful.

The world's largest McDonald's and the best ice cream: Gelato


A view of Rome, you can see St. Peter's Basilica on the left.

I loved all of the cobblestone streets and buildings.

5 comments:

Jenna Marie said...

YAY!!! You're almost home! I'm so excited to see you!
You two seriously are one of the cutest couples I have ever seen by the way... You can tell you guys just love each other so much and have so much fun together... Oh and P.S... I don't think it's very fair that a girl can still look so cute after being around so much good food! haha... You look beautiful!

Jake and Laura said...

Hey Mal! I can't wait for you to be safe in my arms! You look so happy and you look like you had a blast. I am so jealous! I got your BYU invite last week and im so proud of you! I am planning on going and bringing my cow bell:) Call me once you get home and unpacked and settled! I miss you! love you lots!-Laura

Katie Petersen said...

Okay, so I had no idea that you were living in Europe. Let me just say that I am SO jealous! I am getting so sad looking at all of you pictures. IT reminds me when I went to Europe a few years ago for a month. It is so beautiful! I have pictures in like all of the same places you do! And gelato is INCREDIBLE! That is about all I ate in Italy. Please please please tell me you tried Happy Hippos. They are a candy made over there. Also, please tell me that when you were in Amsterdam that you had stroopwaffles. They are the most amazing things I have ever tasted. I would do ANYTHING to go back to Amsterdam and get some. I guess you are home now but I just found this blog. Anway, my blog is taggandkatiepetersen.blogspot.com

Brittany said...

Mal...I LOVE the picture of you riding the bike in Rome. You look so cute and the the basket with the sweater in it just tops it off! I LOVE gelato too. I ate it a bunch when I went. Hope to see you soon. And hope your trip home was great. No missing bags! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mally Jo. I updated the reunion blog! I don't know if you 've seen it yet. Check it out! :) And let me know if you can make it! :) You better since your two cool friends are in charge! :) Let me know if you want to help too.
-Jenna Heinrich Corry