Monday, August 16, 2010

Yard Sale Theft

In pursuit of our move to London, we had a yard sale to raise funds and clean out our storage unit. We advertised only a little and had a tremendous turnout. Having posted the start time at 9, we found ourselves scrambling to get everything out on the front lawn for everyone arriving by 8. We sold almost half of everything we had out before 9.

Feeling successful and pretty good about our day, I had the urge to take a picture, only to find that where I had last left the camera, on a chair by the cash box, there was no longer a camera. My heart dropped and I asked everyone if they'd seen it. We looked for a while until the inevitable realization came upon us suddenly; someone had stolen it. I guess they read our signs as, "buy a $2 shirt and get a $200 camera for free!" Who are these sick people? The worst part was how violated I felt. Luckily there weren't more than 10-20 new pictures of Maya that I hadn't uploaded. Brett kept reassuring me by telling me that whoever took it will have to spend a lot of money to keep it working.

At least we made enough money to buy a new camera and have a little leftover.


Our advice to all: don't take pictures of your yard sale!

No comments: