Tuesday, October 11, 2011

so long, farewell

A few things on my mind today...

Firstly, we've been in Arizona now for almost a month. Crazy! It has been so enjoyable to unpack all of our old furniture, pictures, and other keepsakes that have been collecting dust for far too long. While we have loved setting up our new life here, I can't help but think about and miss dearly some of the more simple things about London. I miss walking everywhere, our second family of friends we met, trees, parks, the markets, the supermarkets, and so many more things. So, I've made a decision to bring some of that simplicity here to Arizona; whether it means walking to the supermarket rather than driving (when it's less than 100 degrees outside), limiting my internet-usage, spending more time at the park, or just staying in touch with friends. Life is definitely different, but we are so happy to finally have some stability. Brett's job is going well. He is very busy but doing great and making us proud.

Secondly, this move and the new job has opened our eyes to a whole new concept: the weekend. Before, although most weekends were full of relaxing, good food, games, movies, etc.-it was always paired with a dark cloud of "what has to be done by Monday" feeling looming over us. Now, it feels amazing to have nothing "due" on Monday. We can just enjoy the weekend together as a family. I never imagined it would feel so wonderful to be done with school, when I wasn't even the one in school.

Finally, I came to the conclusion of retiring from the blogging world. I might change my mind later, we will see, I just need a break for now.

The caravan to AZ. She only slept for one hour ALL.DAY.LONG.

How she enjoyed the move-in process: eating snacks and watching The Little Mermaid in her new room-have I mentioned her obsession with "Mee Mee" (Ariel)? It has been wonderful having Maya in her own room finally.



Maya has loved being able to go swimming almost everyday-love that belly


And here are a few pictures of our new home:

(still under construction and working on filling up the empty walls)

Until next time,

brett.mal.maya.

2 comments:

{larissa} said...

there are about 88 things I would like to say right now. our lives will never be the same now that we look through a different perspective. it is this perspective that makes even the everyday America seem so much more interesting but at the same time mundane. if you ever want an out-of-country experience just come up here for a weekend. it is like another planet.

Cheryl and Tyler said...

aw, I'll miss your blogging. I can't believe how fast Maya has grown. She is SO cute!