Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Germany

We spent last weekend in Germany. We went to Aachen, Cologne and St. Goar. The top three things we did were: 1) see the Cologne Cathedral, 2) visit a chocolate museum in Cologne, and 3) travel down the Rhine to the Rheinfels Castle ruins. All of the following pictures are from those places. It was a great weekend.

The minute we walked out of the train station in Cologne, we saw this directly in front of us. It was stunning. It was started in 1248 and wasn't completely finished until 1880-something. The history of it is amazing and it was awesome to learn about.



The bright gold shrine is said to hold the remains of the 3 Magi, or the 3 wisemen.




The Lindt Chocolate Factory/Museum. So cool, like Willy Wonka's, almost. Oh, and yes, that is chocolate pasta above.




This is in St. Goar at the Rheinfels Castle ruins. It was so cool. There were little passageways and dungeons that we had to have a candle to go into.

On top of the highest tower of the castle

Some of the mine tunnels that we could barely crawl down into.

These are pretty self-explanatory. Basically, I hit my head, and instead of seeing if I was okay, Brett decided to take pictures of my pain.



The Rhine river was so cool.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

sigh...

I love your life. :)

Brent and Mary said...

We didn't see any pictures of Mal after she hit her head. Is she okay? There were some really good pictures of you two. Which one do you want up on our wall of fame?

Ashlee said...

Mal, I am absolutely blown away by your blog. What an incredible adventure! I am so jealous. You look beautiful and happy as always but especially glowing in these pictures. I can't believe how long it has been since I have seen you. I am glad to see you have a blog now. :) Ashlee (Lowe)