Tuesday, March 3, 2009

In Bruges


We went to Bruges last Saturday. It is a little town about an hour outside of Brussels. It was beautiful and even sunny! It was full of tiny little cobblestone streets, canals and really cool medieval buildings. We ate some delicious but truly unhealthy food there and had a great time.



Me in front of the Market Square (notice the bear-like dog in the background). The Belfry of Bruges that we chose not to walk up hundreds of stairs to see.



This was a beautiful church that housed Michelangelo's "Madonna and Child" sculpture. It was awesome. Loved the Gothic architecture.



We went on a canal boat tour and it was so much fun (as you can see from Brett's face). We even learned about the history of Bruges. The weather finally felt like the beginnings of Spring.





A brief look at the really yummy but horrible food we ate. 1. Bratwurst (Brett only) 2. Frites (french fries) 3. Chocolates and truffles 4. The best waffles we've had yet with chocolate sauce and strawberry sauce.


3 comments:

Becki said...

MMMM... I just keep reading about all this amazing food you're eating. Sounds like a trip over is totally worth it for one of those waffles! Glad you're having fun. Love you!

Buzz and Camille said...

Oh my gosh Mal I'm loving your blog! I forgot about it but I'm substituting so what better thing to do than catch up on blogs! Your pictures are amazing! I seriously love Europe! I'm so jealous you are there!! Paris is one of my favorite cities, there's so much to see!! Are you going to be able to see Italy at all? It's so beautiful!!!! And Germany is definitely worth your time as well. There's just so much to see! Well I miss you and love you!!!

Kristin Lea Robinson said...

I miss you and i love you...did you get my last email....we must video chat soon!